Over the first 6 months of 2023, the advertising market is resisting and stabilizing after the slowdown observed in the 1st quarter. The results of the traditional unified survey carried out by IREP, France Pub and Kantar, announced on September 12, reassure key player a little.
On the scope observed by IREP (television, cinema, radio, press, outdoor advertising, advertising mail, unaddressed printed matter) which also includes digital revenue (search, display, social and other levers), total net advertising revenue s amount to 7.739 billion euros, an increase of +0.2% compared to the first half of 2022, and remain well above their pre-crisis level at +15.3% compared to the first half of 2019 .
Digital and radio are driving the market
If the market as a whole, bringing together the 5 media combined, i.e. television, cinema, radio, press and outdoor advertising (including their digital revenue), is down -4.2% compared to the first half of 2022 , certain media are doing well. Indeed, cinema, radio and outdoor advertising are showing positive results. Cinema continues its recovery steadily in H1 2023 at +20.9% vs. H1 2022, and is increasingly closing its gap compared to H1 2019. Radio shows growth of +2.3% vs. H1 2022 . Digital revenues from television, radio and the press have shown a more contained dynamic since the start of the year at +3.2% vs H1 2022, while significantly exceeding H1 2019 with growth of +46.6%. Note on the digital side of these 3 media, the continued acceleration of the audio format (+28.2% vs H1 2022) and the notable progression of the video format (+13.6% vs H1 2022). By integrating DOOH, the cumulative digital revenues of the 4 media confirm their growth at +3.7% vs. H1 2022. Outdoor advertising is growing in a more contained manner at +1.4% vs. H1 2022, with two universes on the rise: street furniture at +2.6% vs H1 2022 and transport at +6% vs H1 2022. Two worlds are in decline: outdoor and shopping. On the other hand, the DOOH segment continues its dynamic at +5.1% vs. H1 2022.
The press and TV on the decline
Conversely, the press, television, advertising mail and unaddressed printed matter are marking time. The press as a whole fell by -3.4% compared to H1 2022 and increased its gap compared to H1 2019 to -17%. Television revenues continue to fall to -7.7% vs. H1 2022. Advertising mail is down at -9.5% vs. H1 2022 and down significantly by -28.7% vs. H1 2019. Printed material without address show a decrease of -15.6% vs. H1 2022 despite the strong momentum of the digital prospectus (+59.1% vs. H1 2022).
Lidl and Leclerc, at the top of the advertisers
In the first half of 2023, Kantar Media has 51,624 active advertisers; this result takes into account the integration in the day before of 3 new major social platforms: Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok. On digital, 40,513 advertisers communicated this semester, or 78% of market players. In detail, the top 10 advertisers together displaying +8% gross advertising pressure vs. H1 2022 . On the 1st step, Lidl is still at the top of the ranking but is stabilizing its advertising pressure this semester vs. H1 2022 after having made good progress in recent years. He is followed by E. Leclerc who displays one of the strongest increases (+23% vs H1 2022). The 5 distributors in the TOP 10 all show double-digit growth compared to H1 2019. Amazon is the only distributor in decline this half-year although it has so far posted increases of more than 50%. Likewise, Orange is declining this half-year (-16%) after a sharp increase in 2022. Note that McDonald’s, positioned 5th, is constantly increasing its advertising pressure (+29%) with, among other things, a major image campaign. The automotive sector is returning to growth, with Renault (+7%) and Peugeot (+38%) increasing this half-year.
Forecasts up 2% for the year 2023
The communications market would amount to 33.4 billion euros in 2023, up +2% compared to 2022. Spending in the 5 media would decrease by -1.3%, in line with their trend of middle term. Note, after a period of very strong expansion, digital growth is expected to decline to +4.7%, a sign of possible maturity.
This article was originally published on e-marketing.fr
Get your name out there like never before with Kompass – your trusted partner, no matter your industry or focus.
Kompass Booster has multiple assets to bring your company to the top of searches, including SEO.
How does it work?
Simply put, our Kompass Booster marketing service enhances your company’s profile in our global directory and transforms it into a very high-converting B2B sales funnel- bringing quote requests from prospects directly to you.
What do you get with Kompass Booster?
- Customizable profile page to showcase your business in our Local or Global B2B Portal, which attracts over 8 million visitors a month that view over 26 million profiles.
- High-quality presentation of your company to attract B2B buyers. Add your products, upload company news, add videos, offers, catalogs, product posts, and more to highlight your strengths and services.
- Monthly activity reports allow you to analyze your audience in real-time, all from your easy-to-use Kompass personal home page. This includes profile views, clicks to your site, calls and messages received.
- Monitored results that break down the information for you and help you see demand trends in a clear, actionable way, including Excel compatibility. Analyze the most frequent queries and adapt your offers to the most sought-after products in your sector.
- Unique SEO optimized showcase for your business profile to increase long-term visibility and stand out from your competitors across all search engines.
- Credibility, trustworthiness, and legitimacy of your company with a Booster profile. This extra layer of credibility is especially reassuring to exporters and importers.
- And long-term profitability! With Kompass Booster, you’ll rank better in our directory and improve your SEO rankings, scooping up more organic traffic and driving quote-hungry prospects right to your inbox.
If you are interested in a more detailed analysis of the impacts of Kompass Booster, check out this case study on How Accumold used Kompass Booster to drive High-Quality B2B traffic and Conversions.
Contact us now to start your journey towards unmatched growth!