Kompass is proud to be a Media partner of the World Trade Week NYC. World Trade Week (Month) is scheduled to take place virtually from May 1-31, 2021. The World Trade Week NYC Kick-Off Event and Keynote Address are scheduled for Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 2 PM. This year’s keynote speaker will be Mr. Tony Uphoff, President and CEO of Thomas, the parent company of Thomasnet.com.
World Trade Week NYC is part of an annual nationwide celebration of international trade observed by business and trade-related organizations across the United States during May. The mission of World Trade Week NYC is to promote the importance of international trade to the New York City metropolitan area economy. New Yorkers depend heavily on international commerce for their jobs, standard of living, and the myriad goods and services available to its diverse population.
Trade organizations, businesses and other stakeholders come together both nationally and locally to promote and facilitate international trade in the U.S. economy. The New York tri-state region’s trade and transportation community celebrates World Trade Week throughout the month of May, offering a full agenda of educational seminars, global business networking events and the International Trade Awards Breakfast that recognizes the exemplary achievements by practitioners in the field.
They work together to:
- Recognize the contribution of international trade to economic growth and job creation in the New York metropolitan region
- Highlight the link between international trade and transportation and the region’s economic well‐being
- Celebrate companies and organizations succeeding in the global marketplace and highlight their contribution to the region’s economy
- Share knowledge, resources and ideas to facilitate small business success internationally
Provide scholarships to undergraduate students of international business
Who are World Trade Week NYC Partners?
- World Trade Week NYC, through sponsorships, partnerships and referrals, puts businesses and organizations in touch with invaluable opportunities and resources. We invite you to join us!
The World Trade Week NYC Steering Committee
The World Trade Week NYC steering committee is a committee of the New York District Export Council (NY DEC). District Export Councils are organizations of leaders from the local business community, appointed by successive Secretaries of Commerce, whose knowledge of international business provides a source of professional advice for local firms.
We hope to see you all there!