Join AFI President Bob Bauer on July 14th and 15th for the Foreign Supplier Verification Program course. Save money, travel costs and time by taking this course fully online! AFI members receive a discount so be sure to register!
Today’s travel restrictions have created a limited-time opportunity for industry members to take the Foreign Supplier Verification Program course – the only course with FDA-recognized curriculum – fully online. Take note that even with travel restrictions in place, FDA is continuing FSVP inspections and is issuing warning letters for non-compliance. This course is the best way to ensure you and your employees know how to comply and for a limited time, the course is being made available fully online.
The United States requires food exported to the U.S. to meet U.S. food safety requirements. The Food Safety Modernization Act states importers are responsible to ensure the food they import meets U.S. regulations through a Foreign Supplier Verification Program.
AFI President Bob Bauer served on the task force that developed the standardized curriculum recognized by FDA and is an FSVP Lead Instructor. His work on the task force, understanding of the food import industry and experience in conducting numerous sessions of this course since it was ready in early 2017 make AFI’s offerings a valuable experience for attendees from all sectors.
FDA-Recognized Curriculum: The FSVP course is a two-day course that takes participants through the FSVP requirements and includes exercises to help them develop their company’s program. Attendees receive a certificate upon completion of the course but must attend the entire program to receive the certificate.
YOU’LL GET INFORMATION TO HELP YOU:
- Understand how FDA will oversee your FSVP
- Identify what’s needed in your FSVP
- and the underlying purpose of the
- Foreign Supplier Verification Programs rule
- Develop your FSVP
- Implement your FSVP
- Implement a compliant record-keeping system
Please note special online delivery requirements:
- Registrations are unique to each individual.
- Participants must have a camera on their computer/laptop. Instructor must have visual contact with every participant throughout the entire course.
- Participants will be sent an electronic version of the slides that will be shown throughout the course about 1-2 days prior to the beginning of the session.
- Participants will also be given information on how to purchase the course manual usually distributed at in-person sessions. (Manual has the same information as the electronic version that will be sent to participants but is in a bound form and might be helpful for taking notes and for reference following the session.) To allow shipping time, those wishing to order a manual should register as soon as possible. Registration confirmation will include information on how to purchase hard copies of the course materials.
Kompass North America hopes everyone has a safe and healthy 4th of July weekend. To find out more about our services or how we can help your business grow, contact us!